SHF 2018 - Embracing Modernity: Jurong Town Hall Tour (8 Apr)
On a quiet hill overlooking the bustling town of Jurong, Jurong Town Hall stands as a symbol of a hopeful future. Behind its white walls is the story of a nation's struggle to overcome the odds through industry and economy, and in its austerity it expresses the spirit of its time. Embark on this tour to discover the story of Singapore’s push towards modernity as the history and architecture of Jurong Town Hall, a National Monument, is unravelled.
Meeting point: Entrance Porch of Jurong Town Hall
This tour is part of Singapore Heritage Festival 2018. Click here to find out more!
- Participants should arrive at the starting point 15 minutes prior to the tour starting time.
- Please present your electronic or printed ticket(s) in order to join this tour. Walk-in registrations will not be entertained.
- In the unlikely event where you cannot locate the tour group or guide by the starting time, please have your phone on standby for the tour guide to contact you for further instructions.
- By agreeing to join the tour, each participant shall be responsible for any injury, loss of damage due to carelessness of other actions on his/her part or that of children under his/her charge.
- The tour will start on time and participants who are late may not be able to get on the tour.
- "Student" refers to any student currently enrolled in locally-based institutions.
- "Senior citizen" refers to any person whose age is 60 years and above.
- Random checks on concession tickets will be conducted at the point of entry. Please bring along a proof of eligibility for the discounted tickets.
- It is compulsory for a parent/guardian to accompany any child of or under the age of 12.
- We do not accept cash payment.
- No refund/exchange of tickets is allowed under any circumstance except for tour cancellation.
- The tour will proceed in the event of wet weather and participants are advised to each prepare an umbrella or a raincoat in case.
- The tour may be partly or totally cancelled due to inclement weather (e.g. - unhealthy haze conditions, thunderstorms) or due to other unforeseen circumstances affecting the tour.
- In the event of tour cancellation, participants will be informed via email (a few days before the tour) and SMS (2 hours before the tour)
- Participants will receive full refund in case of tour cancellation via Peatix.
6:00 PM - 9:30 PM SGT
- Jurong Town Hall
6 - 7pm: Standard SOLD OUT $5.00 6 - 7pm: Student / Senior Citizen SOLD OUT $3.00 715 - 815pm: Standard SOLD OUT $5.00 715 - 815pm: Student / Senior Citizen SOLD OUT $3.00 830 - 930pm: Standard SOLD OUT $5.00 830 - 930pm: Student / Senior Citizen SOLD OUT $3.00
- Venue Address
- Singapore Singapore
Monumental Walking Tours1,757 Followers